Wednesday, August 15, 2018

ScrapAndMe - Thank You

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to share with you today, this lovely thank you card featuring some gorgeous papers from the ScrapAndMe collections "Sentimentals" and "Little Cuties". The soft tones are so beautiful together!




ScrapAndMe products:

   





***
So in the spring I noticed some strange changes made to park. Reflector things attached to sides of the walkways, arrows painted on the paths, the removal of all the bushes to make grassy openings, and of course more tree carnage. And then the signs... the signs that read "Terry Fox Run Trail". And there you have it, my peaceful park has been turned into the local bike race and marathon trail. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the dancing and exercise groups that fill the grassy openings with their boom boxes and the latest horror, a Pokemon Go hotspot!!! Geezuz! My beautiful, peaceful lake is now listed as one of the top spots to visit in my area!!!! Good Gawd!!!

I guess my point is, I don't walk the trails much any more and so I am starting to run out of photographs to share with you. These shots were all taken in the spring.

a baby Chipping Sparrow


Not sure what to say, except Awwwwwwwww!


"Geez human. Do you really think I can't see you behind that rock! I'm not blind you know!" 
~a trail friend~


"OK, I'm ready for my lunch now. You can drop the peanut.
OK, go ahead, drop it. Drrrrrrrrrop the peanut. Woman, let go of that peanut!"
~Winston~


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. If you have any questions or interesting tidbits about today's wildlife, please let me know.


14 comments:

  1. I love this card, it is beautiful and sweet.
    I just got the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Floral Mixed Media.
    I have not tried yet, but apparently we made very beautiful creations with.
    Adorable your photos of the life of your friends in the forest. I am a fan.
    I just made a card with tulle and lace in your style, but keeping my way of working. I love tulle and lace, and I like the way you put it in value.
    I hope you will not mind me to take back your idea that I saw on your tutorials ... and that leaves me speechless as you work quickly and without hesitation.
    Long live tulle and pretty lace ... Besides, I wonder where you buy your beautiful lace ...
    When I do my article, I'll put a link to your blog.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, love the beautiful papers you used, pretty design.
    Beautiful photos x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Pamellia! I hope you'll be able to find a spot to take more of your wonderful wildlife photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Pamellia, the lace an flowers look so pretty.
    Sorry to read about your peaceful park being turned into a visitor's attraction - hope it hasn't chased the regular inhabitants away.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and such beautiful lacy layers and gorgeous embellishments--sorry to hear about the park-people find a beautiful peaceful place then turn it into the exact opposite
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pamellia what a beautiful card - love the detail and all the embellishments. Exquisite!
    What a pity your park has been humanised at the expense of the wild creatures :( Love your photo of Winston!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, the lace, the pretty pretty details so BEAUTIFUL Pamellia.
    Fabby piccies as always.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Pamellia. I love how you incorporated the mixed media die, I have those and never been sure how to use them on a card.
    I hope the trail doesn't affect the wildlife and that the people using it will respect the area, what a shame
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely thank you card Pamellia - beautiful papers, laces and colors. So sad that sharing the outdoors with humans violates it so much for the animal inhabitants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to read your post Pamellia and the changes...definetely not good x.
    Magnificent card, absolutely beautiful and the texture looks amazing.
    Adorable photos and thank you for sharing them with us x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamellia, your caption on Winston made me giggle! Thanks, I needed that! I was saddened to hear of the transition of your peaceful haven to Grand Central Station. I feel your pain. We visited a park while visiting my daughter at college in Charlotte, and I was overwhelmed by the number of people there; literally, we were bumping into right and left. Not fun! Hopefully, you will find another peaceful place to walk. You've shared so many with us in the past. And since cooler weather is on the way (I hope), many will be indoors playing their video games.

    Onto that amazing card! Really, one of my favorites from you! I love seeing that die cut layer in there! I've been missing seeing your die cuts, honestly. I was wondering if you had gotten rid of your extensive stash. I love those little pearl thingies! I think you've traded in your extensive stash of dies for laces and trims! Ha! Ha! Sending hugs and hopes you will find a place to take peaceful walks. Think about your often...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty Card pamellia. Love the colours and all your embellishments.
    Pherhaps it’s just school holiday and there are. Ore people about hope it goes a little quieter.
    Jules xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I am loosing it, I was sure I had commented on this post, but I cannot see it! This is a fabulous card, I love the papers and the great die cuts and as ever your gorgeous lace is the perfect finishing touch.

    I was so sorry to read about the invasion of your beautiful park. I guess the authorites feel this is a way to open this space to more people but, I have no doubt, that this will make many of your trail friends move away, so sad.

    Dionne xxx

    ReplyDelete