Thursday, May 17, 2018

Pion Design - Family is the Anchor

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA again, I seem to be getting side tracked a lot recently. lol. I'm looking forward to getting around to visiting you all this week. Until then, I thought I would share this fun beach card for a family member, combining two gorgeous marine themed collections from Pion Design, “Seaside Stories” and “Legends of the Sea”.




Pion products:

Seaside Stories – Message in a Bottle PD16005
Seaside Stories – Summer Breeze PD16008
Seaside Stories – Beach Life PD16010
Seaside Stories – Borders PD16011
Seaside Stories – Cut-outs PD16012
Seaside Stories – Images from the Past PD1636
Legends of the Sea – Sea Star PD9006





***
We have had some wonderful weather this last week, and I have been keeping very busy working on the patio to get it ready. Installed some super fun rice paper hanging lights, got a new bistro table and MacGuyver-ed some fun new seat cushions! All I need now is to the actual set up, add some flowers and presto... it's summer time on the patio!


Beautiful female Blackbird


Chickadee-dee-dee-dee. Having a little hand held buffet lunch.
Gotta love these adorable birds!


"Mom, are you sure this is how you do it,
because I'm flapping my wings like crazy, but nothing's happening!"


"Oh yeah, I'm just gonna snuggle right up to this branch! So comfy!"
~a trail friend~


"I'm just gonna go real slow, sneak right in here, and take this peanut without her even noticing!"
~a trail friend~


My newest little buddy Dale has heard me calling. He's still very cautious and won't approach me, but he's starting to recognize my whistle and the sound of the bag of peanuts! For the record, I don't know if Dale is male or female yet, so his name should fit either. Lol


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. If you have any questions or interesting tidbits about today's wildlife, please let me know.


20 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation. Very lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful papers image and design, love the colour combo!
    Wonderful photos.
    Enjoy the summer on your patio!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunning card, Pamellia!! I love the amazing layers!! The image is so sweet!! The papers are gorgeous and I love the ribbons!! Spectacular as always!!

    Your animals shots are all so sweet!! Your trail friends are adorable and Dale is, too!! Enjoy getting your patio together!! I can't wait to see pics when you have it finished :) I hope you have a wonderful evening, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous summer card Pamellia! Love all those shades of blue and brown!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and wonderful photos, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card makind great use of those lovely papers! Your new trail friend looks adorable as do all the others! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful nautical card, the papers and the layers look gorgeous.Super photos and the new friend looks so cute.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Pamellia cool and Kalm blues with a softness of creams lovely Pamellia
    And not a Flower insight. Hope your patio is as colourful as last year.
    Have fun Planting
    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card and photos, Pamellia! Your patio sounds like it is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamellia, what a gorgeous vintage card. I love the pale shades and the topper is wonderful, beautifully embellished, love it.
    The female Blackbird is just lovely, our one in the UK is rather a drab brown, it's the male who has the lovely black feathers and orange beak. Wonderful photos as usual, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful marine look for your shabby card, Pamellia!! Love so much the light blue and white colours with the neutral tones, just perfect for masculine or feminine recipients! And as I don't see laces and blings, I think your family member is a male... isn't it? :) ... So soft and delicate feel, anyway, and fabulous image and sentiments!
    So curious to see your patio's new look, waiting for the photos when it will be ready :) And so glad to see your new trail friends, especially that cute Dale that already know the sound of the bag of peanuts :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another magnificent card from you Pamellia, it's absolutely wonderful, love the sailors and the blue and brown you have matched up and added.

    Love your piccies, our Mrs Blackbird is a dowdy brown, yours is so beautiful. Such fun and wonderful photos. Enjoy your weekend whether you are doing your patio, cardmaking or photography.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a paper collection I would have ever chosen Pamellia but the colour combination is lovely, you worked your magic with it and made a stunning card.

    As Kate said our female blackbird is very boring (poor thing) and just plain brown. We have a nesting pair that have returned for a few years (at least I think they are the same ones) and they are getting quite brave coming for food when we are near, I love to watch them.

    Have a great weekend, the UK is buzzing for the royal wedding tomorrow!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Pamellia!! Perfect colour mix (my fave actually)and such a sweet focal image!! The papers are gorgeous and so beautifully layered and I adore all the lovely ribbons and threads.
    Sounds like your patio is going to be gorgeous! Will be a lovely haven for you and your little friends during the summer months. Have a wonderful day!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean Pamellia, I think the better weather sends us all off in different directions and away from crafting, I know I spend much more time outdoors and expect you do too. Anyway this is a fabulous piece, such lovely subtle colours and the layers, as usual, are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous papers and distressed layers love the beautiful vintage topper-great nature pics our female blackbird is soo much plainer than yours
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your seaside card, it sort of makes me think of beachcombing and it has a very Victorian feel about it. As always. I adore all of the fabulous layers and the blue and white theme.

    Wonderful nature photographs and I have fallen in love with Dale, so sweet.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Dionne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors of the sea you've used on your shabby card! My favorite bit is the folded white ribbon--such a unique touch! You amaze me with your layers and how wonderful they look on your cards!

    As always, I'm head over heels with your wildlife photos! Dale's a real beauty, and I bet it won't be long he/she is eating from your hands! I'm wondering how you tell a squirrels gender? Especially when we humans can't seem to figure out our own...Tee Hee! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great that you have had the weather to get your patio ready...it sounds wonderful x Fabulous card, full of layers, beautiful papers and texture x Gorgeous photos and loving the trail friends, that adorable little duckling and as always your fun captions x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete