Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy Anniversary - My Secret Shaker Card

Hello Everyone:

Well I've gone off the rails today, as you will see shortly. I decided to branch out from my shabby chic comfort zone and try a few new things. OK, I still threw a little shabby in the mix with my ribbon and flowers, but I gotta be me!

A while ago I picked up all these Spellbinder Grand die sets because they were on sale...never even took them out of the packages. So today I decided to try and put them to good use. I was inspired by a few challenges that I will tell you about afterwards, but here is what I came up with.



I just love the challenges over at The Shabby Tea Room. They always have the most beautiful inspiration photos, and this week was no different. Here is the photo they provided this week for the latest challenge.

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #233 - Celebrate


They also ask that the card have a celebration theme, using pink, flowers and a lace element. I decided to make this an anniversary card, I thought the colours would make it perfect for that occasion. I decided to use a gorgeous eyelet lace because it reminded me of the lace around the bottom of the candle. Doesn't the Spellbinders pattern match that candle tray almost perfectly!




Now, I show you where the Secret Shaker part of the card comes in. I was inspired by a couple of challenges to give this a try for the very first time. I really do like the fun of a shaker card!! I popped up the inner hearts with some pop dots and then placed some beads inside the hearts before placing the shaker panel over the top...this way, some of the beads are trapped inside the hearts. Kind of like a shaker within a shaker...ha!



- the flowers were cut out with Joy Crafts Flower 4 and coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs, the layers were done with Spellbinders Grand - Circles, Stately Circles and Decorative Circles and coloured with Gathered Twigs and Spun Sugar.

- the layers are all rimmed with Ranger Perfect Pearls, Pearl and Bisque almost 500 pearl drops!!

- the flower stamp is La Blanche and was stamped with Ranger Archival ink Coffee. I had stamped the sentiment with a Studio G alphabet stamp set, which is why it's a little bit crooked...oops!


I am also entering my Anniversary Secret Shaker card into the following inspiring challenges:


(they asked we use something that starts with A, B & C - mine are Acetate, Blossoms & Circles - how fun is that!!)


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.


54 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Pamellia, this card is too adorable and so heartwarming!! I did not expect any less from you but to create yet another stunning card. Always looking forward to your creations :) Take care, big crafty hugs from Las Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samra! WOW Las Vegas, it must be such a great and exciting place to live, all the pretty lights!! Hugs to you :)

      Delete
  2. soooooooo amazing. Love every detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.This is gorgeous as usual.I am seriously running out of words to comment on your projects.I am in love with the shaker elements.So different and pretty and the colors are the perfect match with the inspiration pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pallavi! Kinda looks like a wedding cake with the colours and round layers, yeah? hugs :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work Pamellia, just love all your layers and perfect soft tones. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my , how talented you are Pamellia , Just a beautiful card i love the subtle tones you have used and the layers with the beautiful flowers make it just perfect. .

    Elaine H . X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that's so clever and so very beautiful ... I love your creations!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros! I enjoyed making my first shaker card! :)

      Delete
  7. As is usual with you, Pamellia, you definitely knocked this out of the park! Beautiful palette and a very engaging design. Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT, SOS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection yet again Pamellia,I absolutely love this....once again you have created something that looks good enough to eat :)

    You never cease to amaze me with how you can make cards look like works of art!

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, you are so sweet! Thank you very much and big hugs to you too! :)

      Delete
  9. Stunning card Pamellia, so beautiful. You have captured the idea of the inspiration photo so well.
    Brilliant the hidden shaker too. Great project.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Pamellia, what a beautiful circle card!! I love the soft colors and your gorgeous flowers! The secret sentiment & shaker elements are stunning!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamellia
    Very pretty and what an unusual and delightful surprise in the centre.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous Pamellia, I love the soft colours and all of your beautiful layers and details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning Anniversary project. Beautiful layers and a super design.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is just toooo darn pretty AND clever!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card Pamellia with a stunning design. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. VERY clever!! I love the shaker within a shaker :-) Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW absolutely stunning love all the pearls and fantastic hidden shaker heart-love all the lace and beautiful flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! So stunning and beautifully romantic!! I love this one!
    Also congratulations on being features on Frilly & Funkie as a GD! Well done! So happy for you!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid, I'm 5 hours late posting! For some reason it didn't post on schedule! Big hugs! :)

      Delete
  18. Absoloutely gorgeous anniversary card Pamellia!! Love the pretty soft colours and the hidden shaker! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "ABC" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stylish and feminine. Just the way I like it. Awesome! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have totally rocked the Shabby Tea Room challenge, Pamellia! Your flowers are beyond beautiful. I adore all of your layers, frothy lace, soft color palette, and the surprise of the hidden shaker!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy! You are so sweet to say! hugs :)

      Delete
  21. Wow...stunning, has to be one of the prettiest shaker cards I have seen..beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pamellia! This is absolutely LOVELY. You have really done an amazing job, and it's just as soft and sweet as could be. I would LOVE to have you stop by and share your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. We offer a new ANYTHING GOES challenge each week with FABULOUS prizes. It would be great to have you join us when you are able. I am looking forward to seeing more of your amazing art.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I will definitely go and check it out, so wonderful for you to invite me! hugs :)

      Delete
  23. I am completely in awe!!!!
    Wow! Wow! Wow!!!
    Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning anniversary card - such beautiful colours and I love he secret shaker element.

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful, Pamellia! And how fun that there is a secret shaker in there too! I love the combination of pink, white and off-whites as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG Pamellia!!! Did you see we are in top 3 at The Shabby Tea Room Challenge??? Yay!!! Congrats to you my crafting friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are!!! That's amazing, congrats girl!! hugs :)

      Delete