Thursday, August 14, 2014

You're Simply the Best - Feminine Damask

Hello Everyone!

Today I have something super delicious! I was really inspired by some of this week's challenges, which I will tell you about in a minute. First, a bit about my card.

This card is going to my wonderful Mother-in-law, Mariana. She is such a kind hearted woman and is always doing nice things for me without needing a reason, so I thought I would do something for her! She is a classy woman with impeccable taste, so I wanted something super elegant for her. I sure hope she likes it! Hugs Mariana!


My inspiration for the colours came from this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. For this challenge - Week #231 - Let's Have Tea, they supplied an inspirational photo. Is it just me, or is this colour palette absolutely gorgeous!! It might be my new favourite combination! HA


They also asked that we include the colours black and pink and use flowers and pearls. I covered all of that, but I also wanted to include the yellow because I just love the colours together! I realize the theme is tea party, but lacking any actual tea cup stamps or dies, I had to make do with what I had on hand...an English Tea Party Doily die and a Vintage English Tea Rose stamp. We gotta improvise, right girls!!



My inspiration for all the lovely handmade flowers came from City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week their challenge is WEEK #224 - ROSES. They provided the following inspirational photo.


I realize my colour theme is different, but I was so inspired by all the DT creations that I really wanted to join in the fun - so I made as many pink roses as I could before my fingers felt like they were going to fall off! My roses were all made by hand using Joy Crafts Flower 1 die and coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Spun Sugar.



I don't normally decorate the inside before I take the photographs, but I found a wonderful new challenge blog that I am going to enter my card into and they have a fantastic challenge for me to jump in on.

Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #219 - Decorate Your Card Inside & Out

They, of course, ask that you use a sentiment...I used two really wonderful ones. One for the outside and one to decorate the top panel on the inside. I left a blank area so I can put a little personal note later.



(DIES USED: english tea party doily - joy crafts flower 1 - joy crafts flourish branch 1 - memory box honeysuckle vine - spellbinders large & small circles - mft fishtail banners, although I ended up tucking the ends in so you can't see the actual fishtail part...lol )

I am really excited to also enter my card into the following wonderful challenges:

(just love the die cut and flower combo for this challenge - even my flowers are die cut...ha)

(outside sentiment is from Kaisercraft - thank you set and inside is from JustRite - for all you do set)

(my favourite colours change depending on my mood, but after finishing this card, I think this might be my new favourite colour palette)


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.


54 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Pamellia, and those roses look fabulous. I'm sure your MIL will appreciate this.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pamellia! This card is amazing! I especially like yellow ribbon ruffles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful card Pamellia. I too like the yellow in this colour palette.
    Hugs, Veerle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and your roses are just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamellia! Your card looks gorgeous and certainly has the wow effect. I'm sure your dear mother-in-law will love it! Beautifully decorated inside out indeed! A winner for sure!! Btw.. I'll email you shortly... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pamellia your card is so soft & pretty! FANTASTIC creation! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind, sweet comments! You inquired on how I created the tri shutter card fold ... I have shared various folding/technique tutorial links in the FANCY FOLD tab at the top of my blog. Here is the link to the Tri Shutter fold: http://www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/06/tri-shutter-tutorial.html Can't wait to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Darlene! And thank you for the link, I didn't realize you had tutorials. I shall go and check it out right now!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :) Thought I'd pop by and see what you've been up to - and I'm so pleased I did!! This card is beautiful, so many gorgeous details!!

    Hope you'll pop by again soon - and thank you for playing along at Sentimental Sundays!

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamellia- What an incredibly gorgeous design. love the shabby, black, pink and yellow color combination. Love the light color wash and distressed edges. This card is exquisite both inside and out.. thank yout for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no doubt that this is classy and elegant and so very beautiful! Really lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is super lovely and so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!! Love it!!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Pamellia this is such a beautiful card - I love everything about it!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. Your design is so beautiful, I love the colours and gorgeous flowers.
    Your creations are fabulous, I am your newest follower!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, for the lovely comment and for being my newest follower! I welcome you to My Little Craft Things with a smile from ear to ear! And welcome to Milton too! Hugs :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Pamellia
    What a delightful card and goodness, its almost identical to the picture with the cup.
    Its lovely that you get on so well with your Mother in Law.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO pretty and great colors! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,everytime you create something I am constantly amazed how beautiful it is,Pamellia. This is soooooo gorgeous,it does look good enough to eat! Your mother in law is sure one lucky lady to be receiving this :) I think you are my favourite card maker now,very inspirational

    Great weekend

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, your comments always lift my spirits, thank you so much :)

      Delete
  17. This one took my breath away. It's absolutely stunning. Classy and elegant - perfect combination. I'm ure your mother-in-law loved it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card very elegant and classy love the embellishments your MIL will love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Pamellia!! I love the colors, the beautiful flowers and lace!! I bet your MIL will love it too! I'm your newest follower too! Fabulous blog!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy and I welcome you to My Little Craft Things with a warm smile and a crafty hug!! :)

      Delete
  20. Truly stunning!! I love how feminine it is and all those yummy layers. Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina, I really loved your inspiration photo this week! :)

      Delete
  21. This is such an elegant design! The colour scheme is so striking too - beautiful!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous!!!! Love the elegant damask paper and distressed edges....but especially love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE all the YUMMY layers on this card and the feminine touches! FAB colors and roses! Wish you have Follow by email or Bloglovin' so your I would be notified when you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, and I will add the gadget for follow by email right now. Hugs :)

      Delete
  24. Congrats on The Terrific Top Three at The Shabby Tea Room! I thought you would be the winner, but I don't get to pick a winner...Looking forward to your next project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, thanks Samra!! Last time I checked, they hadn't announced winners yet. Crafty hugs :)

      Delete
  25. Beautiful beautiful beautiful and oh so elegant.Love damask and the dash of yellow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pallavi and thank you for all your wonderful comments! Crafty hugs :)

      Delete
  26. trop beau, tes créations sont sublimes, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabiola! It's great to hear from you again, I missed you! :)

      Delete
  27. Congratulations on the spotlight artist award with City Crafters! Your card is absolutely stunning and deserves all the praise! Big hugs till next time:)

    ReplyDelete