Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cherish the Memories - Pink & Aqua

Hello Everyone!

I know what you're thinking, another pink card!! Well I have to admit, the little girl in me gets excited when I find a colour challenge that involves pink...and today I found TWO and a challenge just for handmade flowers!! I will tell you about those in a minute, but first a bit about my card.

The background was done by first using Tim Holtz's Bubble stencil and sponging it with Tumbled Glass distress ink. Then I embossed the doily stamp with VersaMark and clear embossing powder and gently sponged on some Hero Arts shadow ink Tide Pool here and there for a subtle change in hue.

I hope you enjoy!



This week over at The Shabby Tea Room they have another wonderful challenge! I am entering this into Challenge Week #228 - Sweet Shabby. This was a photo challenge, but they also asked that we include lace and flowers. I made my tulips as close as I could with the die set that I have and I decided to use paper lace instead of fabric lace.Here is the inspiration photo that they provided.


My lace is one layer of white card stock and one layer of vellum, punched with Martha Stewart Wildflower deep edge punch. Look, it's 3D!!


I have only just discovered a challenge blog called Tuesday Throwdown. I'm so glad I did, because it is fantastic! They have such a range of talent of the design team. Clean and simple, stamp masters, cute and girly...you name it, they got it. You should really zip over there when you get a chance.

I am entering my card into Challenge #205 - Handmade Flowers. They also require that you use some sort of stamp, rubber or digital. I used my doily stamp to create the background and my sentiment stamp as well.

My shabby roses and tulips are handmade and coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick. See how shimmery everything is? Thanks to a few spritzes of Lindy's Stamp Gang Scintillating Silver Glitz Spritz. Oh my, how everything glimmers!


The challenge I found is over at Creative Craft Cottage. This is my first time entering a challenge here but I'm really excited that I found their blog. They have new challenges on the 1st and 15th of the month and their design team is super talented. I recommend you peek your head in and take a looksie!

The challenge I'm joining is Challenge #25 - Colour/Flora. It is also a photo challenge and here is their inspirational photo. I think my aquas might be a bit brighter than the picture, but I added lots of shabby roses in both pinks to make up for it!




Dies: Sizzix-ornate frame 2, Joy Crafts-flower 1, Spellbinders-foliage
Stamps: We R Memory Keepers-doily, Heartfelt Creations-all seasons sentiments
Handmade: background, shabby roses, tulips, lace belly-band and texture paste. The tiny pink roses and the white flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts
From My Stash: twine, beads and clear embossing powder


That's it for today, thank you for stopping in and thank you to everyone for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one!


10 comments:

  1. Stunning card, the colours look so gorgeous together, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamellia!
    What a stunning card! I love the colour combination way too much,.. it never fails to impress :)
    I love the way you add little beads to your creations, so pretty.
    Also, thank you for joining my blog, it's so great to have you on board. I hope you will enjoy my posts.
    Have a fab weekend!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid, thank you for all the kind words you always say! It means a lot coming from someone as talented as you! Hugs :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card love the colors and your flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge "hand made flowers"
    Linda K. DT
    WWW.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really marvelous card, Pamellia. Terrific flowers and I'd never have known they were hand made -- they're simply magnificent! So glad you love our challenge and thanks for playing along in our "Hand Made Flowers" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. I'm sure we'll see you again soon. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! What a wonderful compliment! Thank you very much and absolutely, you will see me again! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Hugs :)

      Delete
  5. This card is simply stunning! I love every single detail! Great color combination!

    ReplyDelete