Sunday, July 6, 2014

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 218 ~ Let's go to the Beach!

Hello Everybody! I'm back today with another challenge card. This one is being entered into Challenge #218 - Let's go to the Beach! over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. I encourage everyone to go and check it out. They have fabulous challenges and a great design team!

For my card, I decided to use soft romantic tones with natural elements to really give it a beachy feel. Lots of authentic starfish and seashells for embellishments and for the sentiment I just used 'Congratulations', that way I can use it for an engagement or a wedding card. I hope you enjoy.



I added a little wedding ring charm and some teeny tiny seashells in an itsy bitsy bottle - how cute is that!

Lots of shabby layers of beach colours. 

Here you can see the beautiful embossed pattern in the top layer of paper.

Dies: Spellbinders-fancy tags one, Spellbinders-framed fancy tags one
Embossing folder is Damask by Darice
Sentiment is computer generated and everything else is from my stash


Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! What a super card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! I love all the layers! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, thank you! I can't wait to see what the next challenge is!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful creation! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I think this is my absolute favorite creation of yours! I have seen many beautiful cards browsing challenges, blogs and pinterest, but when I saw this card, my jaw just dropped! So many beautiful layers and color combination is out of this world! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samra! You always say such sweet things! I was really excited to make this card because I had run across this little baggie of miniature sea shells a while back, and I was just dying to use them!! Crafty hugs, Samra :)

      Delete