Thursday, July 31, 2014

Vintage Christmas Ornament - Buttons Galore!

Hello Everyone!

Well it's the last day of July and as an ode to the strange craft world phenomenon 'Christmas in July', I thought I would squeeze in one last Christmas item. This month I did one Christmas Card and one Christmas Tag, so I thought I should do one Christmas Ornament.

I was inspired by the challenge over at the Hobby Cutz Challenge Blog. This week is Challenge #58 - Buttons Galore. Isn't that a fun challenge! You should slip in there and see the DT designs...inspiring!

Hope you enjoy!





The ripped pieces of paper were stamped with Hero Arts shadow ink Soft Sand and edged with Tim Holtz distress ink Brushed Corduroy. The ribbon is also coloured with Brushed Corduroy. I used some matte Mod Podge to adhere the paper pieces to a styrofoam ball, then stuck on some embellies, presto done-o!


Dies: the gold caps on the top and bottom were done with Spellbinders Stately Circles then formed with my stylus.
Stamps: too many to mention!
Seriously, I think I used almost every single stamp I own!
From My Stash: buttons, snowflake charm, seam binding, stamens and sparkly leaves


I am also entering my Christmas ornament into two other wonderful challenges.

Die Cuttin' Divas - Challenge #176 - Anything Goes (Spellbinders Stately Circles for my end caps)

That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have any questions, please let me know.


18 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a gorgeous Christmas ball. Thank you for sharing your craft skills with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sarah-Jane and thank you for being a follower, I hope I can continue to WOW you with my humble projects!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. This is a very beautiful project Pamellia.
    Lovely colours too.
    Greetings and hugs from Veerle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful project that I must have a go at, at some point. It's sounds very simple from your right up but so effective. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Kerry, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry! It was fun making a Christmas ornament in 100 degree weather! HA :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous gorgeous!! Love the sheer delicacy of your work Pamellia, it's really awesome!!! Thanks for your lovely comment, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just found your blog and I am blown away by your stunning creations! So looking forward to seeing what else you have to share :) (Sorry if you get this twice but I don't think it published the first time!)
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful comment Rebecca, I really appreciate that!! Thank you so much for following and welcome to My Little Craft Thing!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  7. Wow that is gorgeous Pamellia! Lovely creation! Thank you for sharing it with us at Divas by Design this week and good luck. Hugs, Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This must have taken an age - its looks brilliant - the dangling tassel is wonderful. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola! I had a lot of fun with this one, ripping up pieces of paper on purpose! :)

      Delete
  9. Fabulous. I love how you have distressed all of the little bits of paper, it looks amazing.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete