Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy Birthday - Ring Around The Rosie

Hello Everyone!

Yes, I know, I went right back to soft, pink and girlie! I can't help myself, plus I have a really good reason...this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room!

Here is my card, then I will tell you all about the challenge.


This week's challenge Week #229 - Ring Around The Rosie included a photograph for inspiration along with a couple of extra guidelines. The project should be round, using green, pink, a flourish and/or bling and flowers.

Unfortunately, because I'm sending this to a dear friend and I need to be able to put a 4" x 6" photograph inside, I wasn't able to do a round card. But to make up for it, I made the focal point round, I used lots of green and pink, I used a flourish and some bling...and I tried to capture the overall spirit of the photograph. Here is the photograph they provided. You see now why I couldn't resist. HA!


The background was done by smooshing a layer of texture paste over the paper quite randomly, then applying several layers of different shades of DecoArt's Crafter's Acrylics and Americana paints along with some Tim Holtz distress inks Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. I then highlighted the raised areas with some Ranger Picket Fence crackle paint. I also applied some crackle paint here and there around the card for a bit of shabby interest.

The pink flowers were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar and the leaves were coloured with Mowed Lawn. The butterflies are handmade from polymer clay and a Mod Melt mold.







Dies: Spellbinders-gold elements, A2 scalloped borders one and foliage, Memory Box-honeysuckle vine, Impression Obsession-leafy branch
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations-all occasions sentiments
Handmade: the background, the pink flowers, the butterflies and the texture paste
From My Stash: the blink and the paint


I am also entering my card into the following challenges:



That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.


27 comments:

  1. love your works pamellia and happy to follow you.
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shylaa and welcome to My Little Craft Things!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! This is sooo pretty! I love your girly cards, don't stop! :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Thanks Ingrid! You know, I start a card with one thing in mind, but then the flowers come out and...yep, another girlie card it is! Hugs :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card Pamellia, I love the green background.
    Good luck with all the challenges.
    Greetings from Veerle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Pamellia, your colours and layout are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamellia
    Absolutely delightful. So pretty.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the wreath you created! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work. I love it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ! I don't use my fancy die cuts as often as I should, so this challenge was a lot of fun! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is STUNNING...a perfect take on the photo provided AND PERFECT for our Fussy and Fancy "Words" challenge!! Also a GREAT BIG thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment...it is greatly appreciated!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, thank you Beth! That means a lot coming from such a talented artist! Hugs :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say Samra! Your cards are really amazing as well! Hugs :)

      Delete
  11. This is stunning Pamellia. You captured the picture perfectly and the background is gorgeous.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful card with great attention to detail. Love the colors and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy Challenge, good luck xxx Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at CYP. I hope that you join in with our new challenge this week. hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow - this is stunning - those flowers are so pretty - thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete