Saturday, July 19, 2014

Summer Fun!

Hello Everyone!

Today I have something super fun to share with you. One of the things I love about challenge blogs, is that sometimes you really have to put on your thinking cap and step outside your comfort zone. That was especially true for me today. I will tell you about the fantastic challenges in a minute, but first, grab your sunglasses and have a look at my summer super fun card. Hope you enjoy!


I really had fun last time I participated in a challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time was even more fun! This is their Cool Water Challenge, and it really put my creative mind to work. I encourage everyone to visit their blog and have a look at the amazing creations by the DT!

I don't have much in the way of dies, embossing folders or stamps that would represent water very well, so I decided to take all of the wonderful blues and aqua inks that I have, and make my version of a big wave. I put a little bit of Frilly yarn between all the wave segments because it reminded me of the froth that builds up on water when it slaps against rocks. I coloured some cheesecloth with Tim Holtz distress inks Peacock Feathers and Broken China for a little Funk. Some seashells and dewdrops for some added interest.



I couldn't resist participating in another challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. I had so much fun last week with their polka dot challenge! This week was a photo challenge, Challenge #227 - Fun in the Sun. They asked for this challenge that we use at least three of the colours from the photo as well as one of the following (vellum/acetate, polka dots, ribbon).

I choose to use the polka dot pattern from the bathing suit as part of my design, and I also tried to carry the triangle layout of the umbrella into my card as well. I'm pretty sure I covered three of the colours! HA




I would like to introduce you to some new challenge blogs that I have discovered:

Try It On Tuesday - Colours of Summer
- every second Tuesday they post a new, fun challenge! The design team is super talented and the challenges really range in style. A definite must visit!

Crafty Catz - Challenge #240 Hot summer-hot colors
- a weekly challenge featuring some amazing designers who have mastered the art of copics! I look forward to their next creative challenge and invite you to join me there!

Kort O Mania - Challenge #111 Summer
- twice a month you get a chance to participate in a brand new challenge. The design team is so inspiring with such a range of styles, it's hard not to want to join in! You really should check it out!



The flowers were coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Worn Lipstick and Hero Arts shadow inks Pale Tomato and Soft Cantaloupe. The seaweed was coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Mowed Lawn. The polka dot oval was coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Mustard Seed.

The water segments were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks - Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire. There is also Hero Arts shadow inks - Tide Pool and Mint Julep and Memento - Summer Sky. WOW, that;s a lot of colours!!

Dies: Spellbinders-large petite ovals, Memory box-loopy rings, W9-under the mistletoe, Joy Crafts-flower 1
Stamps: Kaisercraft-dictionary meanings, lattice and 13th hour, BoBunny-stained textures and powder mountain, Impression Obsession-cover a card flourishes and cover a card greenery, Inkadinkado-palm tree
Handmade: all of the background pieces and the flowers
From My Stash: seashells, dewdrops, stamens, cheesecloth and frilly yarn


That's it for today, thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


21 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the beautiful flowers and the water's design.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamellia! This is so stunning! I love your style... this is a real work of art!
    I have joined your blog so I can look forward to some more wonderful creations from you. Good luck with the challenge!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful compliment! Thanks so much Ingrid and welcome to My Little Craft Things!

      Delete
  3. Oh Pamellia I love your work and this is another super piece, capturing the beauty of the ocean wonderfully. I'm so impressed with your handmade flowers too. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie again and I'm really glad you found us. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card. Lovely bright flowers and a beautiful background. Perfect for summer.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love all the embellishments- especially the tiny shells :-) Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Cindy---GDT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Had no idea when I got those shells, that they would come in so handy! :)

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! Love the colour palett, the layers, pretty shells, drops and fantastic stamping!!!!

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamellia,
    Your card is gorgeous! I love all the special 'under the sea' touches you have added. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty with all the layers that you created with stamping in wonderful colours reminiscent of water. The big flowers and sea shells add such nice dimension to your creation. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a beautiful beautiful creation-- I love your flowers , shells and the beautiful dyes cloth.Stunning creation
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yes, I would LOVE to! I'm honoured you asked. I will follow up with an email right now. Thanks and many hugs :)

      Delete