Tuesday, July 15, 2014

35th Wedding Anniversary

Hello Everyone!

Today I want to share with you something a little different. I have abandoned shabby chic today in lieu of crisp, clean and yet subtle. My husband's parents are celebrating 35 years together and I wanted something super romantic and special for them. They are such amazing people and I'm very lucky to call them family.

I am entering this card into two amazing challenges, which I will tell you about in a minute. First, here's a look at the card.


This is my second challenge over at Hobby Cutz Challenge Blog. I just love their creativity and I am excited to participate with them again. This week the challenge is #56 - White on White. I realize that there is a little ivory and some silver, but a girl's gotta accessorize!



This is my first time participating in a challenge at Sketchy Colors, but I'm really excited to have found their blog. You should stop in there and have a look at their talented design team creations and their great challenges. For this challenge #218, they supplied us with two images, one for colours and one for layout.


I decided to go with the tall portrait style because I really like the way Maya's card was done (such a beautiful card that you should really have a look at). I decided for my second colour to go with silver, since the photograph of the horse was white and grey and because it's a romantic combination for an anniversary card. I added silver charms, findings, beads, pins and a silver button. Hope you enjoy!




Dies: Spellbinders-back to basics tags, Spellbinders-lotus pendant, Spellbinders-circles large, Spellbinders-marvelous squares, Spellbinders-persian motifs
Handmade: the decorative pins, the dangling charms and the sentiment I printed on my computer
From My Stash: pearls, pins, beads, button, seam binding and the roses


Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


14 comments:

  1. gorgeous, your hubby's parents will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamellia, I've joined in at hobby cutz challenge for the first time and like you I am a card making baby ;-) my first post was last year august so that's not so long ago either. I was looking at the cards of the other contesters and that's how I came here. I like your card its very pretty. And I've joined in as new follower if you like I too still have space for some followers.
    BTW I love your name I first thought it was Pamella but there is an i Pamellia I love it, very beautiful.
    Good luck with both the challenges and lots of greetings from little Belgium,
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veerle. Welcome to My Little Craft Things! I took a peek at your gorgeous butterfly card, just lovely! It's nice to be able to share with other cardmakers, isn't it?? Thanks for the lovely comment, best of luck with your challenge!

      Delete
  3. Great card Pamelia, love the design and composition, very beautiful & elegant.

    Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz this week.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamellia
    Absolutely gorgeous! Have had a sneaky peek at some more of your cards and they're delightful. . . . . So much so, you now have a new follower!
    Thanks for joining in at Hobbycutz.
    Good luck.
    Ang
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing compliment Ang! Thank you so much and welcome to My Little Craft Things!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card. So lovely and delicate white on white. Great decorated with many nice details. Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck. Hope to see you again.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love it!

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are the lucky recipients of this exquisite card! We just love it!
    Each and every one of your cards is extremely beatiful, elegant, meaningful and unique.

    Thank you so much!
    Mariana & Monel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sweet for you to take time to visit my blog Mariana! Thank you so much for visiting me! I am so glad you liked your card, you both really deserve something special! Love Pam

      Delete