Saturday, July 5, 2014

Wooden It Be Loverly - Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #118

Hello everyone! I'm really excited to share this card with you today because it is my first ever challenge blog card. Crafty Cardmakers challenge #118 Wooden It Be Loverly. If you have never been to Crafty Cardmakers, you should really check it out. They have some very talented designers and some fantastic challenges with guest entries.

For this challenge, the theme was wood. For the background I made wood planks using homemade crackle paint, then distressed the edges to give it a woodsy feel. I used the same technique for the wood sign, only using darker colours.

Don't forget, you can see super-sized images by right clicking and opening the link in a new tab. I hope you like it.





How completely cutsie is the little wood embellishment that says 'handmade', love it! There is also a mini wood clothes-pin and some wood beads strung on the twine. I also added some paper branches with itty bitty flowers for some extra rustic features.

The wood butterfly was painted with Ranger Picket Fence crackle paint, then coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Mowed Lawn. The leaves are also Mowed Lawn and the yellow flowers are distress ink Squeezed Lemonade. For the sentiment I used Ranger archival ink Potting Soil (a Wendy Vecchi colour).


Dies: Spellbinders-create a carnation and foliage, Crafty Ann-brick lattice, Memory Box-lorelei leaf, Tim Holtz-festive greenery
Stamps: Studio G-alphabet stamp set
Handmade: some of the flowers were handmade, the wood background and wood sign also handmade
some of the flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts
From My Stash: twine, mini wood clothes-pin, wood beads, wood butterfly, sisal
DecoArt Crafter's Acrylics - Tan, White, Burnt Umber


Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my what a stunner! I love the homemade wooden background, the signposted sentiment, the absolutely gorgeous florals, and all the other lovely embellishments.

    Thank you so much for creating for our 'wooden' challenge, and I hope to see you back again

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to many more fun challenges at Crafty Cardmakers!

      Delete
  2. Wow Pamellia, this is a stunner! Those wooden planks are fabulous (love the aged paint effect) and your embellishments are gorgeous. Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suze! I had so much fun with this challenge, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

      Delete