Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #226 - Polka Dot Love

Hello Everyone!

Today I have put together a card for The Shabby Tea Room. This is weekly challenge #226 - Polka Dot Love. The Shabby Tea Room has a home-sweet-home feel to it, something that I am really drawn to. Throw in some super talented designers and some amazing challenges and how can anyone resist? I highly recommend you stop in there and check it out.

For this challenge they gave us a photograph for inspiration. I pulled as much from the photo as I could. I used both the distressed aqua wood texture and the white wood texture, both of which were made with a home-made crackle paint technique. I used three different shades of pink - the pink layer with polka dots, which was made with a Tim Holtz stencil and home-made texture paste - and the flowers, which were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar.

Here is my card and the inspiration photo. Hope you enjoy!



I have to admit, this has been a fun challenge for me. The little girl inside me, who would never admit it out loud, loves these soft girlie pastels. Don't tell my husband, he thinks I'm all strong and tough. ha

Here are some more photos from a bunch of angles so you can see all the little bits. You can see super-sized versions by right clicking any image and open link in new tab.







Dies: Spellbinders-decorative labels 8, Spellbinders-foliage, Memory Box-large chloe stem
Handmade: the backgrounds, the pink flowers and the beaded stick pins
From My Stash: ribbon, pearls, pins, beads and stamens
the little white roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations


Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment