Friday, July 4, 2014

Christmas in July - Country vs City

I think one of the greatest things ever invented in the craft world is 'Christmas in July'! Now if I could only get my husband to agree to a few twinkly lights, I'd be singing Jingle Bells! I am a huge fan of Christmas, so you might see some Christmas cards and maybe even ornaments here and there throughout the year.

For today, I want to show you two cards on oppisite ends of the style spectrum. The first is very country and rustic, while the second is more CAS (clean and simple) or in this case clean and shiny, my idea of city style! Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got my inspiration for these, but if I remember, I promise to update the post later. Hope you enjoy!

Here is Country Christmas. The reindeer was embossed with brown Ranger Puffs Embossing Powder and then edged with Tim Holtz distress ink Vintage Photo to give it some dimension. The background was stamped with distress ink Stormy Sky, and the clouds I did by hand, also with Stormy Sky.



There is a touch of frilly yarn tucked in behind the frame and bow.


Here is a side view so you can hopefully see the Flower Soft I put on the trees to look like snow.

Dies: Spellbinders-opulent ovals, Spellbinders-ovals large, Tim Holtz-tattered poinsettia, Tim Holtz-reindeer flight, Tim Holtz-festive greenery
Stamps: Impression Obsession-fir trees large and small, Hero Arts-envelope pattern for the background and the cute little tag is from Lili of the Valley
From My Stash: ribbon, yarn, twine, pinecone and rusted bells


And now on to City Christmas. I used Tim Holtz distress ink Tumbled Glass for the border and design. Not too much else to point out here except...LOOK HOW SHINY!

The poinsettias are covered with American Crafts WOW chunky white glitter, and WOW is right!





Dies: Spellbinders-layered poinsettia, Spellbinders-petite ovals, Spellbinders-A2 curved borders one, LaLa Land-filigree corner, Memory Box-elegant scrollwork
Stamps: Inkadinkado-sketchy flourishes
From My Stash: silver bells and rhinestones
The sentiment was done on my computer.


Thanks for stopping in! I hope you liked my Christmas cards. If you have any questions, please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment