Saturday, July 12, 2014

Happy 60th Birthday

Hello Everyone!

Today's card was super fun for me because, for the first time, I decided to enter more than one challenge at the same time. I found three fantastic challenges that I could merge together into one card. I will tell you all about the challenges in a minute, but first, a bit about the card.

The background and top layer were hand stamped with a ton of little stamps from a bunch of different stamp sets. I will name what I can at the bottom of the post. I used Tim Holtz distress inks Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap. Hope you enjoy!


The first challenge I am entering is over at Hobby Cutz Challenge Blog. This is for Challenge #55 - Use your favourite Colour combination. This is a great blog and I'm so excited to have found it. You should zip over there and check out the talented design team and fun fun challenges!!

As you may have guessed, my favourite colour is blue. I think blue goes with everything, but I especially love it when it is paired with neutral colours, so that's what I did!


The second challenge I am entering is over at Sugar Creek Hollow. This is for Challenge #90 - It's Charming. And you know what else is charming...their blog! You should definitely take time to go and visit them. I have been watching the talented design team create amazing cards for a while and I'm so excited to finally participate!

For this challenge they asked for metal charms and other metal elements. I put two metal charms, some metal findings on my decorative pins, a vintage metal button as the flower centre and a beautiful filigree metal embellishment, just for a little added touch. They also ask that your project be vintage or shabby chic. I tried to do a little both, a little shabby and a little vintagy (is that a word?).



The third challenge I am entering is over at Crafting for all Seasons. This is for Challenge #81 "Tic Tac Toe". This was a really fun challenge and quite different from any I've done before. I only recently found this blog and I'm so glad I did. You really need to go over there and see all of the talent of their design team! I mean, WOW, I was blown away!

For their challenge, they supplied a tic tac toe chart and I had to choose one line, horizontal, vertical or diagonal, how fun is that! I chose blue, buttons and ribbon. I had originally made a seam binding ribbon tie for the bottom corner, but it was overtaking the little flowers and charms, so I switched it out for a more subtle silk thread ribbon tie. Hope it still counts.




Dies: Spellbinders-back to basic tags, Spellbinders-diamond effects, Memory Box-elegant scrollwork, Memory Box-whimsy circle
Stamps: Tim Holtz-fabulous flourishes, Kaisercraft-13th hour, Kaisercraft-tiny dots, Bo Bunny-powder mountain, Bo Bunny-stained textures, Inkadinkado-butterfly collage, Inkadinkado-fancy that
Punches: Martha Stewart-butterfly pop-up border punch and butterfly stamp and punch set
Handmade: the background, the fabric flower, the decorative pins and computer generated sentiment
the white roses, rose buds and carnations are from Wild Orchid Crafts
From My Stash: pearls, buttons, ribbon, charms, pins, beads and filigree embellishment


This card is headed overseas to my husband's Aunt. I hope she likes it.
Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping in! If you have any questions, please let me know.


12 comments:

  1. A stunning card, the details and flowers are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meggymay! I love your profile pic!

      Delete
  2. That is just gorgeous, I love it!

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!! The patterned paper you made looks storebought. Thanks so much for playing with us at Hobbycutz! Hope to see you again soon! --Lisa, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! What a wonderful compliment!

      Delete
  4. This is sooooo pretty, I love the papers you used and the pretty flowers....
    Thanx for joining us at SCH and goodluck with the challenge.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Card great Design.
    Like the Paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete