Saturday, July 26, 2014

This Moment - My Summer Cottage

Hello Everyone!

Today I have something a little different to share with you. The colours from this card aren't ones that I would have put together on my own, but I'm really happy with how it came together. This is one of the things I love about these challenges, they really make you step outside of your comfort zone and try something new! So much fun! I will tell you about that colour challenge in just a bit, but first, a bit about my card.

The wood plank background was done using a home-made crackle paint technique. The flowers are handmade with yellow card stock and streaked with with Hero Arts shadow ink Pale Tomato to give it an orange colour. The oval was coloured with Tim Holtz distress ink Peacock Feathers and I smooshed a little of the ink here and there on the background along with some distress ink Spiced Marmalade. The dark brown stamping was done with Ranger Archival ink Coffee. The butterflies were handmade with polymer clay and a Mod Melt mold. I hope you enjoy all the summer brightness!!


It's hard to see, but I used some home-made texture paste and the Reversed Chicken Wire stencil from Crafter's Workshop to add some interest on the background. If you want to see a close-up, just right click the image and open link in new tab...presto, super-sized!!


I am entering my Summer Cottage card into this week's challenge over at Try it on Tuesday.

I just love this blog! Such talent on the design team and their challenges are really creative! I pull so much inspiration from the creations they post! This week their challenge is Things With Wings. I guess it's obvious that I decided on butterflies... they're everywhere! HA! I just love butterflies!


Another challenge blog that I fell in love with instantly is Hobby Cutz Challenge Blog

Their design team has so much talent and creativity! They do cards, layouts, tags, altered projects, stamping, die cutting, you name it...and everything is gorgeous! This was my favourite card of the week, so I chose this one to enter into their Challenge #57 - Anything Goes.


The layout for my card came from Cardabilities. I'm super excited to have ran across this blog! Every 15th and 30th of the month, they post a new sketch challenge. They are really creative with those sketches and their talented design team provides tons of amazing inspiration! This challenge is for cards, but they also have challenges just for scrapbook layouts, called Sketchabilities. Here is the sketch for Challenge #103.



The fantastic summery colours and theme for my card came from a challenge over at Moving Along With The Times. This is my first challenge with them but I am so excited about the wonderful creativity of their challenges! They post new challenges every Thursday and their design team is just filled with talent! You should pop in there and have a looksie!

This week was a Colour Challenge - Nice Bright Summery Colours and for inspiration, they provided a photograph. As soon as I saw it, I was reminded of my cottage up north. I know their picture is in a pool, but for us, as kids, it was the cool aqua lake water, our inner tubes and jumping off of the dock. So that's what I used for my inspiration. I replaced the really dark blue with dark brown because, well, my dock was brown. :)



I added some frilly yarn in and about the card just to add a bit of of that rustic cottage feel. One last shot of those orange flowers, boy are they bright or what!


Dies: Cheery Lynn-oval doily stacker one, Joy Crafts-flower 1, Marianne Designs-ivy, Spellbinders-foliage
Stamps: Kaisercraft-botanical, Prima-cling stamp set from the songbird collection
Handmade: wood plank background, the flowers and the butterflies
From My Stash: frilly yarn, crinoline, acrylic paints and stamens


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all your amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one!  If you have any questions, please let me know.


19 comments:

  1. So, pretty and love your take on the wings challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. that really is beautiful, very shabby chic. Thank you for sharing at TIOT, we hope to see you again soon.EE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edna! Amazing what a little frilly yarn can do! Ha!

      Delete
  3. A very beautiful project , fantastic details and and design. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamellia! I love your cardmaking style... this is just another stunner! So pretty! I feel inspired every time I visit your blog... thank you!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid, thank you so much! Your comments always make me smile! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Pamellia,
    I saw your card over at the challenge blog where the theme is things with wings you too chose butterflies.
    They are always lovely on cards aren't they ?
    I love your card it's very beautiful nice colourful flowers.
    Succes with all your challenges.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veerle! You're so right, butterflies are my favourite way to decorate! Every card should have at least one butterfly! Hugs :)

      Delete
  6. What a great colours combo and beautiful flowers :)
    Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika! It was a wonderful challenge. :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful card with pretty flowers and great design. I really love it.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card, flowers and colors:) Mixed media background is simply fabulous!
    Thank you for plaing along with Cardabilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card Pamellia, love your flowers and such a great background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Avril! You are a busy woman, aren't you! :)

      Delete